Once you have identified the individual who you wish to employ as a personal assistant, you will need to let your Independent Living Advisor know so they can start the process of registering the personal assistant on Virtual Wallet.
To do this, the Independent Living Advisor will need to know:
- The name of the personal assistant
- A contact number and email address for the personal assistant
- The contracted number of hours of support they will provide each week
- The gross rate of pay
- The date which personal assistant will start to provide support to you
You will also need to confirm which payroll provider you wish to work with.
If you choose to use Virtual Wallet Payroll, your Independent Living Advisor will be able to help start the payroll registration process with the Virtual Wallet payroll team.
If you choose to use a 3rd party payroll provider, you will need to contact the organisation directly and complete their own registration forms. Your Independent Living Advisor will need to know:
- The name of the 3rd party payroll provider
- A contact number and email address for the 3rd party payroll provider
If you could provide this information to your Independent Living Advisor via email, that would be ideal - but they are happy to take this information over the phone if that is easier for you.